Garrett Super Scanner V Hand-Held Metal Detector
- Ultimate sensitivity: detects medium sized pistol from 9" distance; large knife from 6"; razor blades and box cutters from 3" distance; foil-wrapped drugs and tiny jewelry from 1".
- Self-calibrating: digital microprocessor technology eliminates the need for periodic sensitivity adjustments.
- Rugged, high-impact ABS case with reinforced coil compartment. Exceeds Mil-Std-810F (drop test) Method 516.5, procedures II and IV.
- Large 8" scan surface for quick, thorough scanning.
- No tools required to change standard 9V battery (included). Optional rechargeable battery kit available.
- Sharp audible alarm and bright red LED indicates the detection of metal.
- Momentary push button helps temporarily eliminate detection of nearby ambient metal such as rebar, metal walls.
- Three-color LED indication: Green LED indicates ON; Amber LED indicates LOW BATTERY: Red LED indicates ALARM.
- Operating temperatures: -35° F (-37° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Super Scanner V Metal Detector has both audible and silent vibrating
alarm options and extended battery life.
-35° F (-37° C) to 158° F (70° C)
To 95% noncondensing
LED Alert Lights
- Green: Power ON
- Amber: Battery LOW
- Red: ALARM condition
Power switch (Audible / Off / Silent)
Interference Elimination Momentary Switch
Single 9 volt battery provides up to 100 hours of normal operation. Optional NiMH rechargeable battery provides up to 45 hours on a single charge.
I purchased this wand to check for nails or other hardware in logs and trees that I plan on cutting into boards. I would hate to cut into a piece of hardware in a log and ruin a $35 blade when it could be prevented. I checked the logs right away but still haven't received the sawmill yet to find out for sure, but there weren't any signs of hardware in the logs. Just waiting for the mill to get here.